Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm thinking of breeding my corn snake she is a normal corn snake with okeetee genes brought in north america

She has REALLY nice yellow down her sides and around the face and very uniform parterns on her back

She is about 2 feet long so perfect for breeding?

I wont be breeding her untill about 7 months away as it will be around the time i will be back in England

So the question is: i wish if any one can help what i will get if i bred these:

(1) Okeetee corn - Blizzard corn
(2) Okeetee corn - California King - Jungle?
(3) Okeetee corn - Bloodred corn
(4) Okeetee corn - Amelanistic corn
(5) Okeetee corn - Snow corn
(6) Okeetee corn - Striped sunglow
(7) Amelanistic corn - Great plains rat snake

And how would i make a striped sunglow corn?

Or if anyone has any ideas of what could be nice! :D

Thanks alot for any help anyyone can give!

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Breeding to a king will be a hybrid so probably not the best idea.. wait for Cornmorphs response as he can help you out..

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Flake1 said:
Hello, I'm thinking of breeding my corn snake she is a normal corn snake with okeetee genes brought in north america

She has REALLY nice yellow down her sides and around the face and very uniform parterns on her back

She is about 2 feet long so perfect for breeding?

I wont be breeding her untill about 7 months away as it will be around the time i will be back in England

So the question is: i wish if any one can help what i will get if i bred these:

(1) Okeetee corn - Blizzard corn
(2) Okeetee corn - California King - Jungle?
(3) Okeetee corn - Bloodred corn
(4) Okeetee corn - Amelanistic corn
(5) Okeetee corn - Snow corn
(6) Okeetee corn - Striped sunglow
(7) Amelanistic corn - Great plains rat snake

And how would i make a striped sunglow corn?

Or if anyone has any ideas of what could be nice! :D

Thanks alot for any help anyyone can give!
Breeding all these but two you will probably get normals because the okeetee are selectively bred normals and the chances of hets are low.Breeding a amel to a great plain will give you copper corns which are het for creamsikle.
On the breeding of the corn to the king,its not advisable unless you have lots of experience breeding either species.As I'm sure you know kings eat other snakes as part of there diet in the wild.Put a corn into a kings tank for breeding theres a good chance your just gonna give you king a rather large meal,which might even kill your king too.Do a lot of research on breeding jungles before even think about it is my advice.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
They did say they were leaving it another 7 months Scotty.. so not quite yet.. but definitely wait for it to be 3ft.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Heres my predictions.....

normal x blizzard = 100% normal het amel + charcoal

normal x king = 2 dead snakes :(

normal x bloodred = 100% normal het bloodred

normal x amel = 100% normal het amel

normal x snow = 100% normal het amel + anery

normal x striped sunglow = 50% normal het sunglow, 50% normal het sunglow + stripe

normal x great plains = ? (not too good with hybrids!)

Sunglows are selectively bred amels, so the sunglow hets may produce just regular amels. If your normal is a genuine Okeetee, or has genuine Okeetee blood in it, why not try to find another genny Okeetee mate for some stunning babies! :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OOOO Thanks... I'm glad you told be about the king snake, cuz it was the one I was really thinking of the most lol.

And yea I knew that there was a possibility of the king eating my corn. But now I’ll wait until I have more experience in breeding both, thanks a lot

So there is no chance that if I bred my corn with another really different corn in colour and in pattern it won’t make NO difference at all? Hmm... Would it be at least, I don’t know be brighter? lol

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
O sorry I posted with out seeing your reply eeji as I had the window open to post but did not until a few hours later!

Anyway.. Thanks a lot for that info eeji I’m glad they make hets at least... I think it’s a good idea to breed okeetee with another to make some real nice okeetee babies!

As I have the chance to get quality okeetee snakes here in Canada cheaper then in England

But just if anyone can look at her picture... to they know that she might be a good okeetee or if in fact she isn’t?

[/img][/list]

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
To be honest I don't think you should ever breed a king to a corn. Too many problems with kings being cannibals. Also I don't think the market is after jungle corns to be honest.. its too much of a risk to take.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Flake1 said:
But just if anyone can look at her picture... to they know that she might be a good okeetee or if in fact she isn’t?
your piccy didn't work! :(
As Okeetees are a 'normal' wild type corn from a specific area (Okeetee Hunt club, Jasper County, SC) its very difficult to tell if you've got genuine okeetee blood without knowing any of its history/ancestry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts