Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive Recently made two large boa vivs, each measuring 6ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft. With the off cuts ive managed to knock up a viv measuring 30"L x 30"H x 24"D Well I can't leave it empty, what do you suggest I put in it?
Many Thanks
Kris

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
sand blasted branch, fake plants on it, moss on the bottom. Or do you mean what reptile.. lol, put a rainbow boa or Indonesian Water Dragon :-D

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
why not, it aint to big and aint to small.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
lol BRB arnt the only rainbow boas you now? they are the biggest.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Ive Recently made two large boa vivs, each measuring 6ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft. With the off cuts ive managed to knock up a viv measuring 30"L x 30"H x 24"D Well I can't leave it empty, what do you suggest I put in it?
Many Thanks
Kris
Well i'm not to sure really, it all depends on what type of snakes you really like, i love my corn snakes i now have 6 only because they don't get to big for me to handle:lol2:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry I misread I thought you stated a BRB, not the whole species of rainbow boas, What are the smallest?
I would like something that Will use the height from time to time as well or all the time.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
lol ok
Indonesian Water Dragons or Striped Water Dragons only get to about 18inch inc tail, females smaller, but yeh that might be to small at 30inch length maybe. And the rainbow boa, well you can get loads, as you probably now, and you can get one in there, Guyana, and Argentinan, probably some i dont now so.....maybe some others

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Sorry I misread I thought you stated a BRB, not the whole species of rainbow boas, What are the smallest?
I would like something that Will use the height from time to time as well or all the time.
look above hope that helps, there the smallest at the bottom of my post..:-D and they do use the hight :-D

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
pic of Woodys Pets, Manchester(bought my snake from here:-D)
Argantinian Rainbow Boa

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
You could pick up some amazon trees for that or an irian jaya/papuan carpet.

EDIT: If the pic above is not yours then label it and give credit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am fond of carpet pythons, Would this be big enough for an Irian Jaya. When these vivs are build I hope to build one for a JCP.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Yeah, it's be fine, they are much smaller and as they are semi-arboreal they would make great use of the entire viv.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
found it on google. and i would say it is to small for a irian jaya carpet python.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts