Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Savannah Monitor

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have three choices for new reptile I wanna get...
Should I get a) A female Boa, b) A female JCP green phase or c) A Savannah Monitor

I have a nice yearling male Boa I wouldn't mind getting a girlfriend for, same as with my JCP... I have seen both females and impressed with each of them. I have also seen the Sav Monitor and it is very nice and calm for handling and I do have a tank big enough for him when he gets bigger... Plus, it would be different for me, Soooo..... what do ya think?

Steve

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
monitor lol.. yeh i'd have that.
i had one a few years back, if i could i'd have another one day

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
already got a Boa, would love a JCP, but if i already had one i'd go for the monitor.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I'm gonna vote Boa but I'm affraid thats just me being bias as it is my favourite out of the three! Bosc's are definately good fun though!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Sav Sav Sav!!! :lol:

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
i have a boa so im gonna say boa deffo but if u are really torn and cant decide treat yourself and get all 3

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC
BOSC

all the way BOSC

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
gotta be a boa. lizards are way too much work. feeding everyday and grumpier than snakes (complete generalisation, based on the one skink i had). boa's are the best snakes out there. my female boa is by far my best snake. i could kiss her on the lips and she wouldn't flinch. that would be a bit wierd though wouldn't it

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL, yes it would be a little bit weird, not into that beastiality thing, lol....

WOW, talk about being close, I was sorta hoping for some help making up my mind, but so far everything is pretty much even... And as for treating myself to all three, the Boa is $150, the JCP is $200 and the Monitor is $90... I could afford that no prob if it wasn't so close to Christmas, lol. Think I'd upset a few people if "sorry, no Christmas this year, I decided to spend your gift on myself." though.... Am leaning towards the Monitor at moment though...

Steve

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Well I have voted JCP as I just got a female tonight :D Heres a pic to try and tempt you. :D

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Lovely snake

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice Yellow there Maki... I know what they look like though, lol, I already have three. One's a definate male, the other two are only 6 months old and are supposed to be one and one. Looking for a real nice girl to go with my older male though, but waiting till I see the right one... I'll know her when I see her if that makes any sense...
Steve

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Yes I knew you had one or two :lol: How long it take your little ones to stop striking at anything that moves? Good luck with finding an older female as I have been looking for one for a few months to go with my DxJ Dont think there will be many until after the breeding season.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have had them since the beginning of October and have never had a problem with them striking. The guy I got them off of though warned me they were vicious lil buggers and they were snapping at him when he went to show me, lol. I just reached in picked one up and it settled right down, think they liked me or something, hehe.... Funny thing is though, just about every snake I have been warned about and have handled, they were all really calm for me. Anyhow these two, I fed them the following Sunday after getting them, both took 2 fuzzy mice right away and I have now switched them over to rat pinkies without any troubles. Wish my big male would eat like that, I specially have to buy him live mice, grrrr....
As for finding a bigger female, I have a lead on a couple down in Calgary, but have to wait till next Spring...
Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
beckys_dad98 said:
Have three choices for new reptile I wanna get...
Should I get a) A female Boa, b) A female JCP green phase or c) A Savannah Monitor

I have a nice yearling male Boa I wouldn't mind getting a girlfriend for, same as with my JCP... I have seen both females and impressed with each of them. I have also seen the Sav Monitor and it is very nice and calm for handling and I do have a tank big enough for him when he gets bigger... Plus, it would be different for me, Soooo..... what do ya think?

Steve
:D hey me and my fella have a female boa constrictor and a few other snakes and the boa is the most gorgeous animal ever. they can be snappy when they are young but hold out with her and you will get far..... Tinkerbell

1 - 20 of 24 Posts