Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.

Only information gathering at the moment but out of interest what size room/viv would be needed to comfortably house an adult burmese?

I'm not looking for a minimum size that 'would do' but something to house confortably.

Thanks

Os - 'considering a big snake' :shock: - motic

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
had a friend who kept his adults in 12foot X4 foot X4foot vivs if that helps

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I keep my son in a room not much bigger that that!!! He has a bit more vertical space, and a bunk bed though :lol:

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Deano said:
I keep my son in a room not much bigger that that!!! He has a bit more vertical space, and a bunk bed though :lol:
does he eat sheep too?

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
gaz said:
does he eat sheep too?
He likes a bit of lamb :)

I'd love a Burm, my ultimate snake, but not got the space :cry: In a few years when I'm rich and got a big house with a double garage...

·
Registered
632 Posts
i tend to give all mine extra space to move around and explore, it sounds like thats what you want to do too, rather than give just the minimum, i tend to use the rule of thumb that if your snake can lay relatively straight out in the viv, its gonna have pleanty of room.... hence i don't have a burm!! :lol:

·
Registered
632 Posts

this is our big viv at work, the snake is 10ft in length, i personally would prefer a bigger area, if i was housing this snake but its entirely up to the keeper i guess, you could always introduce shelves and branches to increase areas :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts