Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as above please and any starting tips :)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
as above please and any starting tips :)
wot kind of monitor are u looking at most would start in a 4x2x2 ok but that size viv wont last long:2thumb:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i like the nile monitor but how big do they get ? and whats the likely size of a adult viv? i self build all my vivs so no worrys on size ill build to its needs but just wondered thats all i just really like the idea of a big liz :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hm put things in perspective there .. is there any monitors that grow to maybe 3/4 ft? i noticed tegu's are nice aswell whats the sizing on them?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
well i like the nile monitor but how big do they get ? and whats the likely size of a adult viv? i self build all my vivs so no worrys on size ill build to its needs but just wondered thats all i just really like the idea of a big liz :D
niles are not a good first monitor thay do not tame very well and thay can reach 7ft long and will need sumthing like a 10x5x5 viv when it is an adult i would look at sumthing a bit smaller like a bosc but if u do wont a nile you realy need 2 do a lot of resrch befor u get 1

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
hm put things in perspective there .. is there any monitors that grow to maybe 3/4 ft? i noticed tegu's are nice aswell whats the sizing on them?

if you wont 3/4ft you are looking at a bosc:2thumb:

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
or smaller there's your dwarf monitors such as Ackie's and storrs.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if you wont 3/4ft you are looking at a bosc:2thumb:
i like the idea of a bosc monitor , whats a starting viv size that will last around 5-6 months with them ? so i can build one and get temps etc ready before i look at buying ? is there any care sheets on forum about bosc's aswell as the one i just read didnt have much about them

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
i like the idea of a bosc monitor , whats a starting viv size that will last around 5-6 months with them ? so i can build one and get temps etc ready before i look at buying ? is there any care sheets on forum about bosc's aswell as the one i just read didnt have much about them
a 4x2x2 is a good starter viv 4 a basc that would last he/she up 2 a year as 4 a cear sheet

So you want a Sav... ?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and from reading that even ackies sound nice now :) gunna read a little more before i start building a house hehe thanks alot guys for all ur help :)

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts