Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I hope someone can help me with this.

My viv is 4ft but narrow and not too high what wattage pearlco heat bulb would i need. I think someone said 250w before but other stuff I've read that would be far too high.

Please help clear up this confusion, I'm hoping to order stuff for the viv this coming week and want to get the right bulb.:)

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
depends on the ambient temperature of you room to begin with! but yeah I reckon a 150 would do the job just make sure its on a stat!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that, just what I wanted to know. My living room is very warm - as I hate the cold:grin: and I keep my heating on 24/7.

I'm going to get a microclimate pulse proportional stat for the heater. While on here do you know the cheapest place for pearlco heat bulbs:?:

G

·
I would be tempted to go with the AHS system if it is a low viv as the pearlco have a tendency of hanging low which would not allow much room for a snake to move around it.My pearlco hangs down 9 inches from the top of the viv with a relector on it so if your viv is only 12-15 inches in height this would not be your best option.The AHS is an all in one unit so you could place it at an end or on the top of the viv and i think they are only 6 inches maximum depth.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Greenphase. I did look at the AHS and would prefer one of those but I'm afraid finances won't stretch that far as I'm on incapacity so pennies count.

The viv height is 18" so I'm hoping that it won't come down too far. This is all so stressful trying to look for the right things and finding my list growing and most things will be coming from different places. I've spent hours on the net shopping around for best prices.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh God, a radiator no-ones mentioned those. I think I need to tear my hair out, I'm sure I must be making this more of an ordeal than it all needs to be:?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts