Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, as most of you know I rescue blind or problem feeding leos. Secondly, I usually only get little ones!

I've just rescued a 2 year old leo...and don't know how much he's supposed to weigh approximately. As he's a problem feeder, I'd just like to see how much of a problem it has become for him!

Thanks guys n gals!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Firstly, hat's off to you for doing great work ! :2thumb:

A fully grown male (non-giant) Leo can weigh between 70-90g. I guess at two years it could be considered fully grown.

·
Banned
9,373 Posts
Right, as most of you know I rescue blind or problem feeding leos. Secondly, I usually only get little ones!

I've just rescued a 2 year old leo...and don't know how much he's supposed to weigh approximately. As he's a problem feeder, I'd just like to see how much of a problem it has become for him!

Thanks guys n gals!
Hey BabyGyal,

Personally id aim for around 50-55 grams due to him being 2 years old and already a problem feeder. It all depends on weight to length ratio.

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
Well done... Jenna to the rescue again :2thumb:

I'd agree that a weight between 70 - 90 is good for an adult male. My two 6 month olds vary greatly though one is 65g one is 32g, they're both healthy and active but one has a bigger appetite.

·
Banned
9,373 Posts
IMO Any Normal sized leopard gecko exceeding 75 grams is over weight. If it was a giant or super giant then you would expect it to be larger than your average normal. How many leopard geckos in the wild exceed over 70 grams?

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
IMO Any Normal sized leopard gecko exceeding 75 grams is over weight. If it was a giant or super giant then you would expect it to be larger than your average normal. How many leopard geckos in the wild exceed over 70 grams?

Are you saying my 65g 6 month old leo's a fattie?? :rotfl:Must admit I don't feed him every day anymore, he's down to every other day now.

·
Banned
9,373 Posts
Unless hes a giant then yes id class that as been power fed lol. No one knows if its a good thing or a bad thing yet. Ive got a lil leo here who's the last one of the year and shes the same size of a 4 month old lol. Ill get some pictures up :D

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
That's interesting cos Angus isn't as long as yours but doesn't look any fatter. In fact from looking at that pic I'd say Angus is exactly right. Ummm, maybe my scales aren't that accurate :?

·
Banned
9,373 Posts
Personally i would say 70 grams is ok but any higher for a normal leo then it just doesnt look normal. Fair enough everyone says its about the fat ness of the tail etc yeah it is but you can have a leo with a extra fat tail and over weight. A leopard gecko should look like a leo not an obese reptile.

·
Registered
11,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Personally i would say 70 grams is ok but any higher for a normal leo then it just doesnt look normal. Fair enough everyone says its about the fat ness of the tail etc yeah it is but you can have a leo with a extra fat tail and over weight. A leopard gecko should look like a leo not an obese reptile.
well said :) mine are only ickle and mesha the blizzard is the only one approaching obesity!!

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
one of myrescued 2 year olds is only 38 :p hehe.. and loooks dfine just tiny..

one of mine is 78 though!!

·
Premium Member
14,592 Posts
One of my females is 75g - shes a little porker but she is big built as well, looks like a male but shes not.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts