Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seeing as i have to get rid of my beloved skinks, i have decieded i want another snake... it would have to be something to that could live in a 2ft x 3ft viv(height not really an issue)we have california kingsnake already, was hoping to get something a little bigger then a kingsnake maybe but the viv size dtermines what we can get.. there are two solomon island ground boas in a local herp shop for sale at around £100 each, i would like one, but the guy in shop says's that they are around 4-5 years old, and have nasty temperments, he will always get animals out for you too look at but he wont even open the door on these two!!. reading up about them on the net, they are supposed to be a docile snake, so it must just be these snakes atitudes!! i would look for a young one, but so far have had no luck, and have been told that the hatchlings are very small( smaller then a kingsnake hatchling, so even pinkies are too large for them at first and notoriously difficult to get feeding), so maybe they aren't the snake for me... if any one has any suggestions about different species i could house in a 3ftlong x 2ft wide
it'd be greatly apreciated

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
How about a pair of Rosy Boas. They are only small and quite easy I believe. Wouldnt mind a pair myself when hubby has built me some more vivs.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
If you want something a bit chunkier than kings I reckon you should be looking at royals.... or you might be able to squeeze a hogg island boa in there. If you get them fully grown you can make sure they are below the 5ft mark and should go in a 3*2*2. Other small types of boa will fit in there as well like rosys

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
How about a Rainbow Boa (read up on care requiremennts re: humidity etc), or if you can stretch to a 3/4 ft high viv, a Jungle Carpet Python?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Or possibly an Irian Jaya Carpet. They are slightly smaller than the other carpet species.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Yes an IJ or JCP would be happy in there :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
yes! definately a jcp or an ijcp, i love 'em!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts