Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ive got the herp nersary II and ive had 1 clutch of eggs of 25 and only got 4 left!my temp in there is about 81-82f (30c)is this right as someone has told me its spossed too be 24-25? thanks: victory:

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I incubate mine at 85-86 o F ... as far as I'm aware it shouldn't go below 82 o F or above 89 o F.

I'm incubating one lot in the Herp Nursery II, have you got a independent digi thermometer in there as well as the one built in on the front? I find that the temps on my independent thermometer read different to the one on the incubator (which I was pre-warned about, hence the independent one)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes ive got a normal thermometer in aswell i spray them once every 2 days with abot 2 sqirts of water should the humidity be high or low?

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
yes ive got a normal thermometer in aswell i spray them once every 2 days with abot 2 sqirts of water should the humidity be high or low?
High. I don't spray mine tho. I check the substrate once a week and damp it a little if I need to and I have a tray of water in the bottom of the viv. I have a Hydrometer in there and most of the time it reads well above 90%

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok ill stick 1 in and see what it reads!the thing is my other female is about 2 lay any time nw and ive put another tubaware box at bottom and no room for a tray with water at bottom now!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi there i had a home made incubater and kept the temp at 84 i had 17 eggs and they all hatched thi was also my first attempt at incubating them a this wa my females firt clutch,i kept the humidity about 90 and had a good circulaition of air going through have a look at bearded dragon.org a they have got lot of good info on there regarding breading and incubation,the chance of you keeping the 4 that you have left are going to be very slim a they have not been kept at the right temp from the beginig i hope thi ha helped you please feel free to ask for any more info and good luck.
Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts