Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

unexpected our gecko just laid we have incubator leant off brother but don't know what to set the temps at

please help urgent

·
Oh God - not her AGAIN
9,599 Posts
What type of gecko is it?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Leopard

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
If you go for around 82 degrees, you shouldn't be far wrong - but knowing what species it is will help folks suggest what's correct for your species (and particularly if you want to incubate for a specific sex!)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we are going to go for 85 to get a spread. (this is what my fiance has been told) is this true or not?

Also my brother seems to think higher than 85 makes them violent is this also true?

·
Oh God - not her AGAIN
9,599 Posts
Females 80-82f
Males 87-89f
Mixed 84-86f

Think thats right - good luck!

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
Higher than 85 makes mostly males. For a spread I'd personally go a little lower - 83 to 84 (but then I prefer getting more females than males; they're easier to rehome.)

Higher than 89 is likely to make masculinised females, which are more aggressive than normal females (and many males) - in my experience males will also treat a hot female AS a male and attack her rather than mating her.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its sams fiance here , NXSmiggy. This was TOTALLY unexpected as ive just rehomed her brother reptile collection.

Looks like its a SHCT x Normal from the info ive been given. the Eggs are still warm as there in the tank with the parents and im waiting for the hovabator to heat up

How long do these things take to hit temps?

should be an interesting month lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts