Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Today i bought 2 5 lined skinks off ************ and i sort of had a hunch one wasn't quite right but didn't say anything just incase..but half an hour ago it went absolutely ballistic and started running around like a mental case doing flips and death rolls..after a few seconds of that it ran into the water bowl and ran around in a circle about 10 times before doing 3 death rolls then dying :| what the hell could of made it to do that :|:|

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Aww i'm so sorry for yuor loss even though you didnt have it very long :( possably something neurological if it was thrashing.. I know some creatures thrash and act very bizzarly while having strokes..

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could it have been parasites?? If so how at risk is my other? Don't want to lose both of them..:(

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
cant see it being a parasite.if it did that behaviour then it sounds like sumit else.cant see it being the seller neither to be honest as it would of displayed symtoms before and from what i hear hes a good seller.

strange:cry:

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks to me as if it drowned..looking at it now it appears to have swallowed a lot of water. :( but i'd still love to know what made it go crazy :|

·
Creator of RFUK - Now Retired.
12,466 Posts
Ive moved back the original post and most of the civilised posts.

Unfortunately leelee it will be impossible to say what caused this without a PM... with them being WC the possibilties are endless. I would suggest getting the PM done and contacting the seller privately to resolve the situation before making further threads about them.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
It looks to me as if it drowned..looking at it now it appears to have swallowed a lot of water. :( but i'd still love to know what made it go crazy :|
when you mentioned it drowned or so you thought....what gave you this impression?water in lungs,gagging,colapsed in water bowl?just trying to give myself clues and the others see if we can help

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well as i was looking at it earlier i noticed it's mouth open so looked in and there was a few bubbles so i tipped it over a bit and some water dribbled out. So it could be that :(

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
Is it possible that it paniced at first, due to being new to captivity, stressed and afraid, and ran into a heavy object such as a wall, or a piece of bark/wood/rock etc... and did itself some shock/brain damage that could have resulted in this? Seems neurological to me, not something parasitic - wc animals with parasites tend to die slowly from starvation, dehydration or just wither away, and without a huge amount of outward symptoms at first.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
And it would have had prolly 24 hours during its time with tnt yes?
It could have got smacked around during transit??
Just gettin spooked coudl cause it to run around going crazy ,from there a possible sroke.. its a terrible thing to happen.
Was it a new wild caught or a ltc? do you know?

·
Premium Member
14,592 Posts
Yeah it sounds like it had some kind of fit to me. I would contact the seller.

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
And it would have had prolly 24 hours during its time with tnt yes?
It could have got smacked around during transit??
Just gettin spooked coudl cause it to run around going crazy ,from there a possible sroke.. its a terrible thing to happen.
Was it a new wild caught or a ltc? do you know?
it didnt get tnt'd dean it was delivered in person

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
it didnt get tnt'd dean it was delivered in person
Oh, my mistake sorry.
It has still be known to happen, ive had some rotten luck lately myself which I wont go into.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Huh?

Urm, where did my post go? <.<

As I said... Did you contact the seller? (Not that I'm saying its their fault, just might give some insight?) ... How is the other one?

Sorry for your loss

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah i've tried contacting the seller numerous time since yesterday but he still won't talk to me so there isn't much i can do about it..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts