Reptile Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i want to breed my male normal royal python . goin to buy a female soon just wondering what would be a good female to buy not to expensive tho :p

·
Registered
437 Posts
A Pastel....

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
cheapest females are pastel, yellowbelly, cinnamon or of course normal

all depends what YOU like

of course a morph male can breed to multiple girls :2thumb:

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
whats not too expensive?

A breedable size normal female will be £150 upwards and I doubt you'd get a breedable female morph for less than £1000

I'd find a normal female at 1200 grams or more and get an 08 or older male co-dom or dom morph.

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats not too expensive?

A breedable size normal female will be £150 upwards and I doubt you'd get a breedable female morph for less than £1000

I'd find a normal female at 1200 grams or more and get an 08 or older male co-dom or dom morph.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm thats something to think about

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
i really want a killerbee.. but theyre a touch pricey so i might go for a black pastel when i learn more about breeding....

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
before i die lol i want a pied but they are soooooooo expensive but soooooooooo nice:mf_dribble::mf_dribble::mf_dribble::mf_dribble:

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
before i die lol i want a pied but they are soooooooo expensive but soooooooooo nice:mf_dribble::mf_dribble::mf_dribble::mf_dribble:
give me a couple of years and I'll get back to you:lol2:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
You would probably want to go for a co-dominant morph like a pastel, mojave or spider if they are within your price range.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
You would probably want to go for a co-dominant morph like a pastel, mojave or spider if they are within your price range.
spider is dominant not co-dom

·
Registered
10,619 Posts
whats not too expensive?

you hit the nail right on the head mark... 1 male will "service" many females, so keeping the £'s down, you ideally want the MALE to be the MORPH...

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
you hit the nail right on the head mark... 1 male will "service" many females, so keeping the £'s down, you ideally want the MALE to be the MORPH...
which is why I had your female normal, snappy little bitch she's been today:devil:

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
just a quick question,,,i dont want to start another thread regarding genetics....
but. if i mated a normal female royal with a 66% het pied male what is the % of getting a pied....
5--8--12% or is it even lower than that..
im only asking because my local rep shop has a 66% het pied male for sale...
cheers for reading and any info appreciated

·
Registered
10,619 Posts
just a quick question,,,i dont want to start another thread regarding genetics....
but. if i mated a normal female royal with a 66% het pied male what is the % of getting a pied....
im only asking because my local rep shop has a 66% pied male for sale...
there's NO set %age... he'll either be het pied, or he wont... sorry if that was'nt the answer you wanted...

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
im only asking because my local rep shop has a 66% het pied male for sale...
you wont get any pieds from the first breeding.

Offspring would be poss het pied and you'd need to put those to each other and hope you put the right one to the right one.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
cheers guys.... that has made my mind up, plus that fact the shop has (IMO) well overpriced the het pied male anyway..

·
Registered
10,619 Posts
cheers guys.... that has made my mind up, plus that fact the shop has (IMO) well overpriced the het pied male anyway..
how big? how much?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts