Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about power cuts, I have all my animals in a well insulated shed, I think the temp would hold well but we do have power cuts as I live in the sticks, I have been reading up about what you can do to heat reptiles in a powercut and some people say too hot is more dangerous than too cold,
my question is not so much asking about alternative non electrical methods of heating but
more that if the heating went off for a few hours- a day how low can the temp drop before one has problems.
Obviously it wouldn't be ideal for anyone but how much danger are my animals in with no heat. As I say the temps would hold for quite a few hours anyway. As soon as I say to norms I have reptiles their first question is 'what do you do in a Powercut'? It's something that will happen especially with winter here so I wanted to be prepared and also mentally prepared :2thumb:so I know I don't have to worry about them ! I have a day geckos and other rainforest species, no desert species though, a few snakes , will have darts too.
Thanks for your views on this.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
i would suggest a portable gas fire as a back up in there also get a carbon monoxide monitor you would have to make sure there is enough ventilation though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts