Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what other things can snakes eat apart from rats,mice,rabbits?mostly big snakes diets like boas and pythons?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol nah cuz i saw somewhere that you can feed boas and pythons stuff like quails,rabbits,giant rats,and was wondering if there was anything else you could feed thats nutritional for them.what kind of preperation do you have to do to quails and birds before you feed cuz i was wondering if the beaks and claws would cause any harm in the stomach or would it break down easily into there poo?

i hope you dont mind the many questions but im doing a bit of research for my college work.

thanks

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I think that is a really gd question mate.. pretty interesting. I imagine that a varied diet is as good for snakes as it is for us... therefore i will be watching this topic closely.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
I'm not going to reply to this post anymore, just wanted to let you know i'm not ignoring you i just can't see the point of the question - i mean they can eat just about any animal (barring obvious stuff like hedgehogs) as long as it fits inside the snakes mouth.

I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the point to my question is im just doing my research for a snakes nutritional requirement and food preperation of any animals that could harm the snakes insides when swallowed like a birds beak or something.i want to find out wot to do to prepare and wot not to feed incase of poor nutritional value or harm to the snake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts