Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the weather here isnt exactly sunny to say the least. I have bought some shelled warriors seed mix but tbh i dont think it will grow in this weather! weeds are looking very scarce in the garden so what do you recommend from the supermarket?

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
don't worry about the weather hun the weeds will grow a treat, my garden & mini greenhouse are overrun atm.as are the neighbours gardens.. (i de-weed them for free and in the process get nice goodies for my torts :) Also all the neighbours are as anal as me in regards to chemicals so i know its completely safe :))

we've got something similar to this for in the really cold weather (not that we need it atm) Buy 4 Tier Mini Greenhouse. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Greenhouses.

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
Have you got any plants off this list in your garden?

Untitled Document

Go weed picking where you know for sure there's been no pesticides sprayed. Check with your local council where they spray. Dandelions are easy to find anywhere for a start.

If you have to supplement with supermarket food then the Florette bags of leaves have a good mix and watercress and chicory is okay too.

You will find weeds though if you look. : victory:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I`ll have a hunt around for some weeds

·
Registered
993 Posts
Go out and pick weeds, it's what I do when I don't have enough growing. There must be somewhere that you can find weeds near you. During the winter when weeds are scarse, I make my hubby drive out into the country and then we stop by fields and go picking what we can kind, they last a week in the fridge if they are damp and in a plastic bag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts