Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, this is my first post on here, always been a reader but never a poster!

I currently own a Horsefield tortoise, 2 razorback musk turtles, a Carolina corn snake and marine fish. Have had a panther chameleon, madagascan day gecko and crested geckos in the past.

I am interested in buying something new, perhaps unusual, and want to know what people suggest. Can be any animal, doesn't have to be a lizard.

Preferably, I'd like to keep ideas herbivorous but it isn't a necessity.
Budget - £300.
I would prefer an interactive type rather than a visual one, but once again this is only a preference and am open to all ideas.

Any suggestions will be welcomes! So far, I've only really considered a uromastyx.

Thanks!
Tom

·
Registered
80 Posts
Off the top of my head the only herbivorous reptiles I can think off are tortoises, uromastyxs, igaunas and zebra skinks. I would not say any of them are particularly handlable. Uromastyxs tend to be quite skitty and igaunas can get very aggressive. If you don't mind adding a few bugs as well there are lots of omnivores to choose from, if you don't want a beardie but wanted something similar Rankins are nice. Do any other particular reptiles take your interest?

·
Registered
32,909 Posts
Off the top of my head the only herbivorous reptiles I can think off are tortoises, uromastyxs, igaunas and zebra skinks. I would not say any of them are particularly handlable. Uromastyxs tend to be quite skitty and igaunas can get very aggressive. If you don't mind adding a few bugs as well there are lots of omnivores to choose from, if you don't want a beardie but wanted something similar Rankins are nice. Do any other particular reptiles take your interest?
Uromastyx can indeed be trained to be handled. How about chuckwallas? Or desert iguanas? or dwarf club-tailed iguanas (more omnivorous but primarily herbivorous)?

·
Registered
32,909 Posts
Another option if you have the space & time to train it, would be a tegu- they're omnivorous, but become primarily frutivorous as adults. But they do get big- about 4 ft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts