Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading these forums I've almost come to the conclusion that you can't trust anything! Can't trust the stats, can't trust analogue thermometers, can't trust digital thermometers? What can you trust?

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
I personally just set the stat to what i think is correct, use a digital thermometer to check its in the rightish area, and its going to be close enough.

Were not making watches : victory:

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Contrary to popular opinion, I've found the Habistat thermostats (particularly the dimmer and pulse, I don't have any others) to be very accurate. I'd always back this up with a digital thermometer, and last but not least, pay attention to your animal's behaviour.

Edited to add: So basically what Raynor just said. :blush:

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I personally just set the stat to what i think is correct, use a digital thermometer to check its in the rightish area, and its going to be close enough.

Were not making watches : victory:

same here. to be honest most my vivs have a lot of stuff in so theres not really a cool side and a hot side, more just hot spots and cool spots, as long as theres a hot spot and it says its correct on my digi thermometer its good enough for me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts