Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of a new viv today for a leopard gecko, only to find i'd ordered the wrong size. It's double the height I needed, at 2 ft wide by 2ft high, around 18 inches deep.

I can't return it so thought i'd explore options of something to go in it. Would need to be permanent home. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
geckos!
gecks is the best bet. just look at ones you like and reaserch to see if that viv is ok, you can still put leos in it. even if it is 2ft high.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
crested gecks?

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
yer day gecks are BEAutiful, tokays can be tamed(rarely) but beware, youll get bitten.:diablo:

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
:lol2:

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
I don't know if multiples bother you but i really like palm geckos and blue tailed skinks.

Great little things, happy to run all over the place.

As the skinks are on the floor and the geckos the walls, and they are mainly active at opposite times of the day they make great cage mates.

Just a thought, depends on your opinions on it all.

Cheap to, you could probably pick up a pair of each for £40 - if that matters.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
I don't know if multiples bother you but i really like palm geckos and blue tailed skinks.

Great little things, happy to run all over the place.

As the skinks are on the floor and the geckos the walls, and they are mainly active at opposite times of the day they make great cage mates.

Just a thought, depends on your opinions on it all.

Cheap to, you could probably pick up a pair of each for £40 - if that matters.
so you can mix those species hen :) new some skinks an gecks go but didnt now which ones, i also love the palm gecks and blue tailed skinks :D

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Yep, these go well together.

You will need to keep an eye on them initially to make sure there are no problems (as you would when keeping more than one animal anyway).

They make for an active viv that is fun to watch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts