Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, newbie here. Don't have a clue what I'm doing! Have added a photo and put a comment on asking if anyone knows what type of corn I own. It's somewhere on here I think! So if anyone can see it and knows the answer, I'd love to hear what you think.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Looks like a motley, the saddles have just gone kind of wide giving it an unusual appearance. If it has a plain white belly its a motley. If this is the case could even carry the stripe gene too coz theyre two variations of the same recessive gene. In case u were interested in breeding further down the line.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
i not 100% great with morphs but its looks simular to a motley x ????, not a norm or carolina

·
Registered
9,905 Posts
Just so others don't get confused by the other photos on the thread, this is the OP's snake:

It doesn't look hypo at all to me personally.

Reactions: Claireandboys

·
Registered
9,905 Posts
I nearly did it too lol, then delved into the realms of the member gallery! I had to tie a rope around myself and my husband pulled me back. :lol2:

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
The ops snake looks either hypo or normal

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
heh sorry about that guys!!!! I did say it looks a little bit like mine :blush:

But thanks haha about mine: It was sold to me as a Jungle, corn x king. I asked the lad at the shop, he told me it wasn't a Jungle. But it was still a corn x king "mix"

Sorry guys unintended Hyjack!! xD

Your corn is very lurvery OP, to me it looks like a miami or Hybrid but I'm terrible with morphs so I could be terribly wrong :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

But thanks haha about mine: It was sold to me as a Jungle, corn x king. I asked the lad at the shop, he told me it wasn't a Jungle. But it was still a corn x king "mix"

Your corn is very lurvery OP, to me it looks like a miami or Hybrid but I'm terrible with morphs so I could be terribly wrong :2thumb:
:lol2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks all. I'm not too bothered what he is, I love him anyway! I presumed he was a normal, and then came across some photo's of jungles and thought they looked very similar. He has a kind of checkerboard patterned belly. Pretty normal I think. I just wondered if he was a jungle, as I read somewhere that the King gene can make them a bit snappy, and he is pretty fiesty for a corn. That could just be because he was unsettled in his new home though. He hasn't bit me for a while, but did strike at my son yesterday.
He's my first reptile, and i'm really enjoying it. Fascinating creatures!

·
Registered
9,905 Posts

Definitely not a miami and I don't see anything that suggests its a hybrid either. He looks like a nice classic/normal to me.

Reactions: DragonFish66
1 - 20 of 27 Posts