Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beardies are about 7-8 months old. What size and weight should they be roughly as I think they look too thin. What's a good food to put weight on?
Mine eat mainly crickets with occasional waxworms but was thinking of getting some locusts and roaches to vary the diet and hopefully fatten them up abit.
Any advice welcome

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
it varys from beardie to beardie, but ide say 200g is good?

·
Registered
15,217 Posts
varying the diet is good, regardless of the weight. i try to offer my dragons at least five different types of insects a week. and all of them are heavily gut loaded with protein and varied fruit and veg. i regularly offer them crickets, locusts, mealworms, roaches and caligrubs, then the odd waxie, earthworm and beetlegrub as a treat.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Have you got photos of them? Beardies grow at different rates, so it's usually far easier to tell by looking at photos and seeing their proportions etc, rather than giving you specific weights that they "should" be...

To answer your question, anywhere from around 150g - 450g is plausible for a 7-8 month old; it all depends on size / growth rates / parents / diet / company within the viv etc...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a piccy although not brilliant. I will try and take some tomorrow and weigh them - they are fast asleep now (better bedtime routines than my kids)!!

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
That looks well proportioned enough with a bit of meat on its tail so I wouldn't worry about it as long it's healthy and behaving well...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for looking again. Sorry for big picture thought I had made it smaller. I'll be putting a 'sex my beardies' post on at some point today too. Thanks again :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Thank you for looking again. Sorry for big picture thought I had made it smaller. I'll be putting a 'sex my beardies' post on at some point today too. Thanks again :2thumb:
The pic was great , your daughter has a lovely look of horror or suprise on her face...and yes my beardies go straight to sleep when lights go out ...funny that ...but caging children would perhaps be frowned upon?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts