Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, thanks for stopping by, just wanting some advice and opinions, I have two beardies, 1 female 14 months and 1 male 24 months, the male is a runt and half the size of femal and has a stumpy leg, they live in a 12ft by 6ft converted wardrobe with all the lights etc but they have a hatch so they can have a wonder where and when ever they like. I dont seperate them they sleep, eat and doing everything together, but occasionaly the male will get abit aggressive and charge around the place then jump on her back and bob his head, she will then starting pawing the ground, but coz hes half her size i think hes getting abit frustrated. He will sometimes nip at her eye lids and her neck but she soon shows him whose boss. Will i ever have to seperate them? Does she need to brumate?? Advice and opinions on all of the above is helpful!! xxxxxxx

·
Registered
17,458 Posts
Hi, thanks for stopping by, just wanting some advice and opinions, I have two beardies, 1 female 14 months and 1 male 24 months, the male is a runt and half the size of femal and has a stumpy leg, they live in a 12ft by 6ft converted wardrobe with all the lights etc but they have a hatch so they can have a wonder where and when ever they like. I dont seperate them they sleep, eat and doing everything together, but occasionaly the male will get abit aggressive and charge around the place then jump on her back and bob his head, she will then starting pawing the ground, but coz hes half her size i think hes getting abit frustrated. He will sometimes nip at her eye lids and her neck but she soon shows him whose boss. Will i ever have to seperate them? Does she need to brumate?? Advice and opinions on all of the above is helpful!! xxxxxxx
i would advise getting an other female. he will bully her for sex all the time and this an make here ill. if he is doing phsyical damage to her then split them up.

·
Registered
17,458 Posts
hes never physically hurt her its more like a poke. Would my female be unhappy with a new female?
it shouldn't be too much of a problem there is space to move away from each other, bd's are normaly kept in 3's. it just stops constant attention from the male.

how old are you two?

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
If the male is doing that then he is more than likely trying to mate with her. She is a little on the young side really to be mated from but, by the sounds of it he has not managed to yet.

The space you have is big enough to split which is what I would advise you to do. You don't want him causing her any unnecessary damage as he is likely to get more frisky as the season goes on.

Liz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts