Reptile Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
I agree that iguanas 'can' make great 1st reptiles, BUT only with ALOt of research and dedication. You'll need to make sure you can house it all its life (can get up to 6ft in some cases) make sure you can provide it the right care (correct temps, UV requirememts, food, supplements) and TIME: i think thats one of the main reasons there not recommended. Geckos and stuff you can put in a cage and sort out there requirements and thats it. personally i dont like it but thats the way some people are, and they do fine. Iggys however need time and bonding so they dont ingure you or themselves. They can get very big and have a mean bite, not to mention tail whipping.

If you want an iggy, i would get someone exerienced with full grown ones to teach you how to handle and care for them, its not just about reading caresheets unfortunatly, but getting hands on training.

good luck!! I'd have a rhino iggy if i had the space, but i dont yet so im not getting one till i do!

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
dwgp77 said:
I had a baby iguana yrs ago and was one lively lizard..
hang on... what happened to that one?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.