Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Im getting back into my insects, bugs & reptiles.
used to have a baby iguana for yrs ive had giant african snails & had the odd millipede.
Ive decided to get a few Millipedes bought them of exotic-pets.co.uk
should arrive this week.
Ive got a large tetra glass tank for them with a small heat matt for a slight bit of heat as room temperture is fine anyway.
Im thinking of getting another tank and getting a lizard not sure what though bein lookin alot on web sites and shops. And sort of narrowed it down to a beardie or iguana. my friend have several beardies and many babys have been born they also have several chamoleons which i really like think their fasinating which id like to get BUT read alot there not ideal 1st lizard to get.
So please can some give me some help in what they recomend from the experiances
Many thanks

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
why not look at geckos?
Leopard geckos, Fat tails and Crested Geckos are all considered good for starters, and wouldnt take up as much room as an iguana or beardie.

·
Banned
4,175 Posts
First of all, if its a green igi you are looking at, forget it unless you will be able to provide almost its own room when grown up.

six foot plus, and possible bad temper, your glass tank wont last long.

Also, if I read correct, you have a heat mat? no way is that enough for a beardy which needs basking temps of over 100f.

Not trying to pour cold water on your plans, just dont want to see you in trouble down the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts