Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few pics and on;y one care sheet, so can anyone here tell me more on them? Like what are they like to look after, temprament, needs etc?

Thanks much.[/b]

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
someone had one on the forum but i cant remember who it was, but if i remember rightly, they were quite a friendly species to care for.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
I believe they are as easy as the more commonly available Lisks'. I have a couple books with their care in them. If your interested mail me and I'll take notes for you.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
i think their care and temperment is similar to the chinese water dragon as all my wd books have sections on them.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
no sorry but i know monkfield nutrition have them so a rep shop should be able to order them in for you.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
They are easy to keep (like a WD as mentioned) but they are fast and often skittish. Males are absolutely stunning.
Great fun to keep, even if you get one that doesn't like handling.

They are often available as WC or CH specimens but occasionally you see CB. For me it makes no difference as to which i keep asi enjoy watching them bouncing around the viv but if you want something to handle hold out for a young CB animal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What does WD. WC, CH and CB mean (sorry to be dim).

How big do they grow to? Thanks

Thanks

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
WC = Wild Caught
CH = Captive Hatched (ie mum came in gravid)
CB = Captive Bred (ie mum was bred in captivity)

Another would be:

CF = Captive Farmed (ie animals are farmed, funnily enough :lol: )

·
Banned
4,175 Posts
not the best choice unless you have experiance of this kind of animal.

They dont take to taming thar easy, but its not impossible. they have very sharp, razor like claws, they are very skitish and very fast, infact in the wild they are known to run so fast they can 'walk on water'

many specimans in captivity suffer from snout damage due to small viv sizes, they do need a bigger viv, 5 or 6 foot long min really.

hope this helps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts