Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok its 2.30pm my corn snake has just started tanking around his viv, rubbing his head on the sides of the viv on his hide and water bowl, is this something todo with shedding? or has he gone mad?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i think he is male and he is this years snake, i know from the shop he shed on the 1st oct all in one. was wondering if he's at it again. He is an amel corn

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow what a paninc and all for nothing.......i just watched my first shed, amazing thing to whitness, and all in one as well.
I guess its time for a feed too.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
lol mine goes a bit nuts too when he's due for shed . . he jips about all over the place but does it secretly around the sides under the aspen 8)

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
only thing that could have suggested my amel was about to shed was that she tried to bite me when i picked her up.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Trice said:
only thing that could have suggested my amel was about to shed was that she tried to bite me when i picked her up.
They will when they are small! Remember when a snakie is shedding its vision is very poor so especially when they are young they get nippy

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
i didn't mind it, only felt like she headbutted me. a nyway, a day later she shed her skin against the water bowl.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Sweet - I love watching them peel. I watched my hoggie doing it once and my boa last night. I helped my boa with her last bit to make sure the last tail bit came off OK. It's an awesome sight, like watching someone peel off a stocking :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts