Reptile Forums banner

What's the best starter snake in your opinion??

• Corn's

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • rat/king/milk snakes

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Dwarf Boas

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Dwarf Pythons

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Large boas

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Large pythons

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Hog noses

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other Snakes Not Mentioned

Votes: 5 11.1%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
corns generally seem to be voted best starter although my first and only snake is a royal and i've had no problems.i think it's down to researching the needs of wat you are going to buy.

·
Registered
15,628 Posts
a bairds rat snake. similar to a corn snake, but slightly more unusual. everyone has corns, bairds rats are easy to get hold of, easy to care for, tame as anything, and great fun - oh and they look stunning as well.

Alex

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
think we all have our faves and question also depends on what you really want but without preferences being mentioned i think corns ahve to be best starter all round

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
It's a close call between royals and corns for me, but I'll side with corns because of the feeding habits. As far as everything else goes, I think that they're along the same lines. I personally prefer to keep royals though.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Started with a corn,really thou i think could of been anything just needed the know how & confidence,still havn't got the confidence to have a retic .....................:whistling2:

·
Premium Member
16,486 Posts
boas :notworthy:

·
Registered
416 Posts
i dont know what to say i put others too, because although corns are easy etc, they may just not be for you!!
BUT like others have said, if you do your reasearch, know what your getting into etc then why not any of those IMO

1 - 14 of 14 Posts