·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
a ghost is made from anery A and Hypo A
a phantom is a charcoal ghost. it is made from charcoal (anery B) and hypo A

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
there are 2 different types of anerys here... there is one called anery A, this is the normal one that is part of the make up of a ghost, then the other one is anery B which is also known as CHARCOAL..
a phantom corn is made up of a normal ghost, and then the charcoal gene is chucked in to make it phantom

·
Registered
25,692 Posts
And one of them costs a lot more too.. :smile:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
yep... 35-50 ghost
80-100+ for phantoms

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
there are 2 different types of anerys here... there is one called anery A, this is the normal one that is part of the make up of a ghost, then the other one is anery B which is also known as CHARCOAL..
a phantom corn is made up of a normal ghost, and then the charcoal gene is chucked in to make it phantom
I was under the impression that Anery A wasn't required to produce Phantoms....

Namely, a Ghost is homozygous Hypomelanistic, homozygous Anerythristic.
A Phantom should be homozygous Hypo, homozygous Charcoal.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
lol, i keep doing this dont i eh lol.. that wouldnt be possible.. durr lol

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
lol, i keep doing this dont i eh lol.. that wouldnt be possible.. durr lol
Technically speaking, an Anery Phantom is possible - someone's posted a photo of one on the Cornsnakes forum - but a lot less likely to crop up since it's a triple homozygous animal.

The anery phantom posted over there, though, is a gorgeous VERY light animal that I would give part of my liver to own :)

Hmmm, I wonder if I'll ever get an anery phantom bloodred out of the F2s from the following: Coral Snow poss het Bloodred X Charcoal (+anery) het bloodred, poss het amel and hypo ...

It'd be ever so cool to take the definite 100% het amel, anery, charcoal, hypo poss het blood offspring and breed them together to see if I get nice shiny Anery Phantoms....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.