Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have given up trying to encourage all my other pets to eat other foods - if they seem to prefer Crickets and Flies...so be it!
So I am left with around 500 butterworms -3 which drowned, 1kg of buffalo worms, 500 waxworms which I don't really mind as I will wait for them to turn into moths and try feeding them to my pygmy chams.....I wish.......Silkworms, around 500 phoenix worms......So what to feed??
It must be uber greedy - but even though greedy...can still be healthy even with a huge diet.......also must not be fussy!!
So what would you get??
The Viv cannot be too big as I promised my husband that my 8 vivs was all that I was going to get - so I have to sneak it in without him noticing :whistling2:
BTW - cannot have a loud croak......otherwise he will be noticed :lol2:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
An adult horned frog, African bullfrog and cane toad have large appetites. You only feed them every two to three days as adults though, but they'll still get through a lot of livefood in one sitting.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
my whites tree frogs have a huge appetite, but males do have a loud call. :D

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies - Whites...had them but too noisy so have my nephew looking after my pair lol.
African bullfrog and cane toads.....a bit too ugly...prolly scare my kids!
Adult horned frog.......OoOoOoO they sound fun......gonna do my research on those :)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah......kinda got grief from my mother-in-law who is here to look after my kids while I am undergoing Chemo......does not really like all these insects running around the kitchen and fridge lol
Think its also a excuse for me to get another frog that I really would not have thought about....shopping therapy :lol2:

·
Registered
268 Posts
My vote goes for the pacman :)

Good stuff!

Or you could sell the food on?

xx

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Prolly would have sold them on or given them away - apart from the silkworms and waxworms as I will try them again as moths to my mossy frogs.
Normally I am a pdf & reeds person - apart from Whites and Mossys which Marc from dartfrog suggested....not really looked at any other frogs...so these pacman frogs sound really fun to keep....yay!
Thanks for all your replies - really appreciated.....gonna do all my research and get me one........or two :whistling2:
Now to find out how loud the male croaks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts