Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to take a look at the trendy side of UK lizard today.

Give me your opinion, what's the most trendy(everyone's wants) lizard in UK right now You think?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
trendy? they arnt a fashion item.
Trendy does not have to be about the fashion world, trendy cars, trendy clubs. Trendy just means trend - things that look good in society. In the reptile society for example - I think cresties are trendy, they look good in our society to a large majority of people.

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trendy does not have to be about the fashion world, trendy cars, trendy clubs. Trendy just means trend - things that look good in society. In the reptile society for example - I think cresties are trendy, they look good in our society to a large majority of people.
Nice opinion about "Trendy"
I totally agree with you.: victory:

·
Registered
63 Posts
gotta be a green tree monitor

green tree monitor is the coolest lizard i've seen i would love one but there between £700-£1200 and you need a captive bred one wild caught ones tend to die in captivety:2thumb:

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
trendy? they arnt a fashion item.
Sadly, I think some people do think of herps in that way; they seem to be viewed as 'cool' pets in some quarters, with owning them imparting some degree of status to the owner.

I also agree that cresties seem to be 'the' herp to have at the moment.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
wow are their rep seasons??

is iguana the new beardie.

maybe beardie is the new beardie.

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trendy or Popular means including easy to keep/looks good/ nice size/price etc.
So I don't think trendy things are Not always bad.
Especially for beginners.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
dont follow the trends dude get what is yours and make it unique.

to indulge tho. i dont seem to have seen trends in my short herp experience. igs are being rehomed all the time. i think leo's seem expendable and beardies seem to be keepers always. bosccs and niles IIRC are experienced only.

but still you should set trends not follow them. :2thumb:

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dont follow the trends dude get what is yours and make it unique.

to indulge tho. i dont seem to have seen trends in my short herp experience. igs are being rehomed all the time. i think leo's seem expendable and beardies seem to be keepers always. bosccs and niles IIRC are experienced only.

but still you should set trends not follow them. :2thumb:
I love iguana.
I used to keep some green iguanas as teen.
But they are aggresive sometimes and need large space (wide and height)
I love this vegitarian large lizard, but not for my house.
Now iguana seems re-understanding animals I feel.
Actually they are good for pet lizards.
They look like dinosaur.:2thumb: Cool

·
Registered
149 Posts
As innocent as you try to make "trend" and "reptile" in the same sentence sound; it still does not negate the fact the trends come and go.

The fact that people would own a reptile because it was the trend is wrong. Simple as, no ifs, no buts, no maybes. Trends die; and as a latest "reptile trend" changes what happens to the reptiles? They end up in the rehoming page for others to take care of them. And people rush to get hold of the next trend, without researching them properly...

Don't worry trend followers. Me and all the other rehomers on here will pick up the pieces for you once you move on to your next trend; hoping soon that one day this childish and immature act of reptile keeping, and all other animal for that matter, will end.

Just my two cents... :whistling2:

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
:lol2: The same thread was made in the snake section. It shows how bitchy the lizard section is. Yusu is just curious as to what Lizards are popular at the moment, what most people seem to be purchasing in our country.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
As innocent as you try to make "trend" and "reptile" in the same sentence sound; it still does not negate the fact the trends come and go.

The fact that people would own a reptile because it was the trend is wrong. Simple as, no ifs, no buts, no maybes. Trends die; and as a latest "reptile trend" changes what happens to the reptiles? They end up in the rehoming page for others to take care of them. And people rush to get hold of the next trend, without researching them properly...

Don't worry trend followers. Me and all the other rehomers on here will pick up the pieces for you once you move on to your next trend; hoping soon that one day this childish and immature act of reptile keeping, and all other animal for that matter, will end.

Just my two cents... :whistling2:
I don't think this is quite what the OP really meant. I think he phrased it incorrectly, I'm sure he just wanted to get a general cencus on the most popular lizard at the moment. For example cresties seem to be getting as popular as beardies and leos.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
:lol2: The same thread was made in the snake section. It shows how bitchy the lizard section is. Yusu is just curious as to what Lizards are popular at the moment, what most people seem to be purchasing in our country.
Well said, the other sections are not as bitchy as this one.

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't think this is quite what the OP really meant. I think he phrased it incorrectly, I'm sure he just wanted to get a general cencus on the most popular lizard at the moment. For example cresties seem to be getting as popular as beardies and leos.
I love you both.
That's what I meant. period :2thumb:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts