Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took one of Simonc's rescues off him today... at first we both thought it was a durango mountain king but after looking at the shape of the head we think its a corn x king... anyone seen anything like this before and can give me an exact ID of it??

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i dont think there is any corn in there mate myself...
is it not just a variable?

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The head is definitely either corn or rat head... not a king head in anyway.. too long.. ive got a close up of the head.. ill put it up..

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
could be, i dont know.. lets see the head then

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here ya go.. you'll see what I mean now

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
yeh could be rat, but its a small one then.. i cant see actual corn there though

·
*****istrator
11,351 Posts
I agree with Tim, looks like their is corn in that snake somewhere, and not just its gut! :lol:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
ah well, just dont look like any of my corns then

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well lets just say it doesnt have king eyes or a king head...

king head is different shape as seen here

I just want to know what to call it..

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well ive just checked a few sites and the head is the same as a variable x ruthvens.. so maybe i was wrong about the king thing and it is that afterall.. still not 100% convinved.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
First thing that came to my head was its face reminded me of a fox snake. Don't have a clue what it is though.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
you may never know mate

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah very true mate.. just annoying not knowing what it is.. this is why I have called it DILLIGAF :lol:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Looks like a Durango to me - I know what you mean about the head, but it's a L.Mexicana species (same as the variable kings and similar to grey band kings) and the head shape does differ from the L.Getula species (mexi black, cali, etc).

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
it looks very much like my Durango mountain. I'll just go and have a look at his head shape......ok seems to me that the Durango does have a longer head it's a bit hard to judge with mine as its just a hatchling but here's a few pics.

crap pics but it may help.

Della

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Errr nice clear photos :lol: :lol: I see what you mean though.. its the eyes buldging out that says to me corn.. it just doesnt have the same shape head as either of my thayeris or any other greybanded etc that Ive seen.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers Mark... ill contact Paul and Pete from UK hybrids... just to double check.. if that doesnt get me answers Ill ask you for the scale counts and find out that way. Cheers again.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Been there ...tis annoying :!: :!: :!:

Take care

1 - 20 of 26 Posts