Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this sling since early August this year, he has already shed twice and at last shed he was 3.5cm across. Just after last shed i moved him from the babyfood jar to a small tank measuring 16cm x 8cm ht 10cm, substrate 2 - 3 cm heated from back with heatmat, temp at cool end 70f, it has a bottle cap for a water dish and a flower pot hide. I spray every few days and have been feeding him one small/med cricket a night. He has been in the tank for 6 weeks but about 3 weeks ago he sealed the entrance of his burrow with web and hasn't been out since. I check on him everyday with a torch and from his changing position i know he's still alive, but 3 weeks seems like a long time for a pre-moult at this size. Any info. would be greatly appreciated as i'm getting a bit worried.
p.s. i keep calling it a him, obviously i don't know, but as i've called it Boris...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice, i think i need to relax about Boris, i'll cut down on spraying and see how he goes.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just thought i'd give you an update, boris has shed and is out and about looking quite the furball, lol. i wasn't expectin the shedding to happen this often but i suppose it can only be a good thing, can't it. Anyway thanks again.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Nice one Lucky glad to hear furball (Boris) is okay, whenever we transfer any of ours they do sometimes go into a sulk that lasts sometimes a while, really glad its going good

1 - 6 of 6 Posts