Reptile Forums banner

What's wrong with my bearded dragon?

679 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  dramen 
#1 ·
I have a bearded dragon, Arnie and he's been behaving really weirdly these past few weeks. He spends every day running around his vivarium with a black neck. I've checked his food, temperature, water and everything is fine. I've tried to handle him at least once a day but he seems really reluctant and tries to jump away from me when he's on my lap. It's weird because he's usually very relaxed, and now he suddenly looks stressed all the time.
Any advice would be much appreciated :)

#2 ·
The more info you can provide the better advice we can offer you.

What's his set up ?

How old is he ?

Has anything changed, like his surroundings ?

What's he eaten ?

When did he last poo ?

What are his temps ?

What substrate have you got him on ?

Do you bath him ?

#3 ·
He's just about a year old. Nothing has changed in his surroundings (except maybe about 2 months ago, i turned down his temperature slightly because he didn't move very much.) He's sort of losing his appetite a bit, but he eats 5th hoppers and meal worms. I have been encouraging him to eat lettuce, apple, banana and carrot but he doesn't really touch it. He last pooed this morning. His temperature is set at 34 degrees Celsius at the moment, but I turn it down a couple of degrees at night. On the floor of his vivarium is wood chips on the right, and sand on the left. I don't bath him very often, probably about once every 2 months. His last bath was two weeks ago.

#7 ·
You could get a poo sample checked for worms, I can give you a link to someone who does them for £5 I think !
£5 is a lot cheaper than anywhere else. Sorry to post here but is it just for beardies or any reptile they do?

If possible i would like the link as well please as i dont think i need it yet but if i do it will be a BIG help.

Many thanks in advance.

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.