Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a bit of fun to get the fishy peeps going....i used to keep fish in a pretty big way! i had a main 6ft tank and had 3 4ft tanks and 2 3ft tanks and one 2 ft tank, i mostly kept and bred malawis and tanganyikans (tropheus duboisi) but my ALL time favourite was my tilapia butterkofferi! awesome fish who in the end had to be kept alone in the 6ft set up...but soooo much character! would literally attack me through the glass, and lets just say that any in tank maintinance was fun!! :lol2::lol2: when i have the room for another 5-6ft tank i will DEFFINATELY get another one :mf_dribble:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I used to keep Oscars... They were my fave, I got three lil white tigers they had them listed as from the pet store for 10 dollars for all 3... They were barely 4 inches when I got them and 2 years later they were closer to 16 inches... Unfortunately when I moved, I decided to sell them, I got 40 dollars for each one though, so 110 dollars profit, lol... A few years later though I got a couple of black tigers instead, but they never got anywhere near as impressive as the whites...

Steve

·
Registered
12,007 Posts
I have two severums one a golden and is fully grown, roughly 12 years old we call him Boris. He plays peekaboo and is happy to watch TV but loves sitting next to someone. We got a green severum a little while ago which we named pixel and he was very cautious and shy but now full of character also.
I have never owned any other large fish except plecs so i guess i am a bit biased.

Marina:)

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
I really like the south american dwarf cichlids, one species in particular that I can't remember hot to spell, lol

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
my absolute fave would have to be discus ....used to keep them a few years ago ...they were great ,,,,however if i had the room and a tank big enough id have a dovii...fericious :lol2:

·
Registered
56 Posts
i like the albino kribensis i have only ever found one but he is gorgeous really nice colours with some very bright blue and red on him

·
Registered
56 Posts
my fav named cichlid has to be the jack dempsey wicked name

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Here are some pics of my fav cichlid shes called Bert!!

Shes a Nicaraguan Cichlid.
Shes about 8" and has a great personality, about 10 years old.
I used to have a male aswell he was quite aggressive.

Nick

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
The blue ahli i have. When the lights are off there almost WHITE! :D looks great...but there my favourite Malawi that i have kept...

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Oh and my favourite Cichlid is the Frontosa...never owned one though.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Apistogramma are really nice, i had borelli for a while...
I think you always tend to go for your first 'proper' fish, so i'll go for Firemouth Cichlids. t. meeki

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I do love dwarfs.
I have a kribensis and a pair of golden dwarfs.
I want some blue rams and some different flags at some point.

·
Registered
9,472 Posts
mmmm i don't keep fish but a and now nothing about them

fav must be duboise (SP?) lol

red head tapper joyces(SP?)

and channa plueropthalma

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
I don't keep fish anymore, but I had a couple of large tanks once.
I loved oscars from the first day I saw them. Never could get them to breed though. Wrong kind of water.
Then got a pair of synspilums. I couldn't get them to stop breeding!

I also had an abino clarius catfish, who was a bit of a character, and a osphrenemus gourami. I wanted an electric catfish, but wasn't allowed.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts