Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When do leopard gecko patterns and color stop changing? or do they always change but slow down once they get to a certain age.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
they change a lot until they reach adulthood, they'll always change but once they're fully grown it won't be as obvious, like they may get a shade lighter or a spot may gradually disappear over a long period of time, wheras babies will lose a spot within a month.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they change a lot until they reach adulthood, they'll always change but once they're fully grown it won't be as obvious, like they may get a shade lighter or a spot may gradually disappear over a long period of time, wheras babies will lose a spot within a month.
Thanks kim: victory: just woundering thats all cos i always notice moz my carrot head tangerine albino who is 9 month old has the odd new color or a pattern change just about every week. its amazing how much they change from being a hatchling.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
yer , carrot heads ect.. realy do change. they can get spots on there head more or less more orange ect ect. they change loads

:)

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
yer , carrot heads ect.. realy do change. they can get spots on there head more or less more orange ect ect. they change loads

:)
yer they really do, just checked moz today after he shed and hes got loads more orange on the face and his legs are covered in bright orange spots now, hes also got a nice orange stripe apearing down the sides of his belly:2thumb:

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aww cool . :)

are u thinking of breeding him ?
Yer i plan to hes stunning, 11inch now aswell:2thumb: just wish i had a good cam that shows his color off. Yer hoping to breed him with a raptor once i get her hopefully get her next month once i get back from me friends.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hopefully if everything goes to plan :) dont no if will be breeding this year though wont to at least wait till moz is a year old and let the raptor i get settle in.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
11 inches???? are you serious! moose was only 11 and 3/4 inches and he was the biggest ever recorded I think and yours still has plenty growing time!!!! wow!!

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
11 inches???? are you serious! moose was only 11 and 3/4 inches and he was the biggest ever recorded I think and yours still has plenty growing time!!!! wow!!
yep hes a big boy:2thumb: not a giant though cos his parents arnt so hes just massive:2thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts