Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hehe just had another succesful strike feed from my shiny new royal baby! hehe, after striking,he *kills it* for a good 5-10 minutes before eating(dont worry it is already dead!!!)last night, he got it at the side, and took abouut 10 minuts struggling to find the mouses bum or head......so I got the tweezwers and tried to help him move it...but he thought it was alive again so started constricting for another 10 minutes! it's so exciting to watch! see Mr Happy strikes, but he doesnt constrict! so Sausage makes me giggle!

My babies are doing so very well! I'm soo proud! Thankyou all for helping me all the time! all your good advise is working! yay!
xx :lol:

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
yer i love to see my Carr (lil boa) constrict his food, is intresting and fasanateing to watch :D

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Fab... I swear my royal comes from a bacardi bloodline... she is so bloody chilled its not funny..

She will eat when she wants to and not a second sooner!

I have only seen her strike once and even then it was rather lazy..

I want my snakie to strike at her food! :cry:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aw!!! bless! at least she eats! that's what matters!
x

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hehe i dunno.....i manage to burn toast...using a toaster! and i've just forgot that i was boiling a pan of water for pasta....mum came in and said *have you been trying to cook again?* .....*ooooooooh my pasta!!!!*.......bone dry pan :oops:

·
Registered
25,628 Posts
I love seeing my cali king strike feed, just wiggle the fluff a bit and bang, it strikes, constricts and forms a ball and is there for 10 minutes straight "killing" the fluff, and sometimes at the start of the constriction, I will give the fluff a bit of a wiggle and it tightens, then I stop wiggling it, it even strike feeds on the second fluff as well, I'll never tire of seeing it eat :D

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
My 1 corn strike feeds and makes me jump everytime :lol: it's great to see it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Our yearling hypo ghost stripe Casper is cuteness in snake form (she has great big Bambi eyes!), and she is really dainty when she feeds - She'll sit on my lap and feed from my fingers if I let her. Once I had mousy smell on my fingers and she did a tiny experimental nibble on my finger and even that was so dainty and cute I couldnt help going 'Awwww!' (in cuteness, not pain!)

The yearling caramel Phoebus is a bit of an odd one - the problem child - in our '06 collection. He strikes, gets hold of the mouse and then throws a massive flid - lashing about all over the place like he's having a fit of exitement. Only when he's backed up against a wall or something solid will he relax and start eating.

Funny bunch we've got!

Hannah

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
all my lot are strike feeders just love to see them hit and constrict that way you know they are enjoying it :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
My corns been lazy lately, just opening her mouth and grabbing it gently, but this week she was back to normal. She came out of the hide like a steam train and took me by surprise, wrapping around it in mid air and landing on a branch over the water bowl. Then she dropped it into the water and went nuts for about 10 minutes, spinning around at the slightest movement near the cage, and getting all confused everytime she went for the head of the mouse cos she got wet. So funny to watch!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts