Reptile Forums banner

when is it a good time to give my Rankin Dragon locusts?

454 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  L.P 
#1 ·
he is about 3 months old now and i want to try him on some different food.

#2 ·
Ive been using locusts as my beardies staple diet since I got them at 4 weeks old. Make sure you get small locusts for 3 week old dragons though. I made the mistake feeding mine meduim to pretty damn large at the beginging for 2 weeks. There perfectly fine though but you run the risk of them not being able to digest it but there little troopers and in the wild im pretty sure they'd go for even bigger ones if they were around.

#4 ·
for mrdium and large locusts i think urll have to wait a while, goes by the same prey size rule as for crix.

#6 ·
I just noticed you said 3 months old not 3 weeks :) How big are they now? Also rankins are the smaller bd's arn't they? Yeah ask your shop if they can get in smaller locusts etc. Or what i did was order from livefoods a half bulk bag of locust and you can choose your size, I got small/meduim and they were perfect for my bd's. I got around 150 locusts in the bag and only about 1 or two out of the lot were dead when they arrived.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.