Reptile Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Never buy ONLINE without checking they have a working phone number and they answer the phone, email contact, dont do it, also payement methode check payment comapany, middle man ensures they will get your money back to you or pay it direct to you once you are ripped off, I had it and its not good and you are left out of pocket with no product and no come back

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
What if you know that they do actually know how they SHOULD be looking after their reptiles, but money's tight so they don't?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Adive please...

Hi i need some advice .... i recently went into a shop in doncaster ( i wont name it YET) when i went in the place was terrible it stank and this pipe smoking dick had the main light off and only put it on when you wanted to see the reps....worse still was besides the poor living conditions one viv had no lights on what so ever ..no heat or uv,,when i asked he said it must be a dodgy light..... ive been told the rspca are slow to act this place needs shutting down he gives rep shops a bad name.. is there anyone i can contact...
BATS

·
Registered
949 Posts
There is a reptile shop south Essex that could do with cleaning out there viv'a a lot more frequently, paid a visit to there a month ago and was shocked, having not visited there for years I got the impression it either changed hands mor just gone down hill, shame really!

·
Registered
177 Posts
My god, anyone ever heard of the saying, to many cooks spoil the broth!!!!!!!everyone has a point of view and thats healthy and having opinions is only a good thing and develops good feed back, but firstly if people think its so dam easy then why dont they have a go them selves, its not an easy thing i am sure, the fact that diffeent reptile shops have different views on how to look after there live stock is purfect example of there being to many opinions on the matter....there are in my mind some diabolical shops out there that are s...t holes, but i just choose not to go to them, eventually there business will suffer that consequence.

·
Registered
70 Posts
there is an inspector down where i live he is on the ball every time and if he is passing by a shop he will call in just to see what the conditions are like and he does know what he is on about.
then a mate of mine was saying about an inspector down in cardiff who was ment to know what he is on about ad turns out he did not know anything to the point where he thinks a royal python should have something in the rub to play with..

so some inspectors do know what there talking about and some dont

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey,

I've got a dilemma on my hands. A pet shop fairly nearby to me (I won't name) has had fairly poor standards, and I was hoping for opinions from more experienced keepers on whether I need to report this.

A list of some of my major concerns are:

• The vivs are overcrowded, with a massive mix of species in some.
  • Several herps and exotics are sold in 'bundles'; this means people are free to pick them up, shake and generally disturb them.
  • One of my particular concerns is many of the more expensive animals are sold in tiny Exo Terra vivs that are free to pick up; the risk of smashed glass is quite high, particularly considering this is a popular shop with families, meaning small children.
  • They have offered several herps for sale in shocking conditions; for example, I have seen juvenile or dwarf geckos (the species was unidentified) sold with missing feet. These are often sold as bargain bundles in plastic containers, which are usually the size of the average cricket keeper.
I would like your opinion; I feel this is unacceptable, particularly considering reputable shops have shown none of these tendencies, but as many people in this thread have said, it's dependent on perspective.

Thanks,
Sharpish

21 - 27 of 27 Posts