Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering when i should let Nyoka into her whole viv. Her 'box' just seems a little small for her now. Dont get me wrong, its not like I'm having to shoe-horn her into it.. she has plenty of room to move, it just seems like she might want more space?

The viv is 36"x18"x18" and has plenty of hiding places.

Its feed day today, I am just thawing her a yummy juicy mouse.

If I tried her in the viv, when would be the best day to do it? I dont want to stress her out too much (although if you ask me, she is a chiled Royal!)
I'm worrying that if I release her today, post feed - it might prompt a regurge?

Maybe wednesday?

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Hi
Why dont you try putting the box hes in at the moment in the viv and let him settle and get used to it.
Just a thought.

Snakeman
Boa Lover

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
make sure the viv is ok temp, and leave her for a few days after feeding to make sure the foods gone,shes not that old, is she? how big is she? I put my 13 month old royal into a 4x2x2 about four months ago, when she was about 2.5 feet long, make sure there are plenty of hides and she should be ok, but if she does go off food or have any other probs, you can always put her back in the tub and try again when shes a bit older.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
May be a bad idea as I have never had a royal but what about putting the tub / box in the viv and make a way of getting out of the box into the viv. Then the snake can go back if it doesn't like the big wide world.

May be a bad idea but just a thought.

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good thinking batman!!

I already have her in her box in the viv... she has always been in there...

I'll feed her today then later in the week, I will unclip a side of her really useful box... see if she just 'happens' to find her own way out :D

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
whenever ive upgraded our enclosure for our royal we've just done it!!! no quuestions asked lol.hes done fine!! best to do it after a feed then at least u know she/hes been fed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts