Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Corn Snake, currently 1.3 years old . I wondering at what size I should upgrade him to a wooden viv and what size it should be?

Cheers :2thumb:

·
Registered
967 Posts
a 3.5ft-adult corn should be ok in a 2ft viv

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well he's currently in a large plastic Faunarium, as he came when I bought him 3 months ago. When do I need to move him out of this?

Sorry for the silly questions ^_^

·
Registered
967 Posts
tbh is hes a good couple of feet he should go into a 2ft viv pretty good i have my corn in a 33l rub which is roughly same floor space as a two foot viv just a little smaller. hes about 1.5ft and he does fine in there.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I would say that when you do move it you may as well go a bit larger and go for a 3 x 2 ft. As long as you put quite a few hiding places and plants in there it would be fine to do so now if you wanted to. I'd be more concerned if the snake was too skiny and could get out of the ventilation or cable holes.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I would say that when you do move it you may as well go a bit larger and go for a 3 x 2 ft. As long as you put quite a few hiding places and plants in there it would be fine to do so now if you wanted to. I'd be more concerned if the snake was too skiny and could get out of the ventilation or cable holes.
Same here.

I'll be taking both of my corns up into a 3x2x1.5ft viv (seperate, before i get slated) when they're about 1 - 1.5 years old.

3x2x1.5 or even a 3x1.5x1.5 ft viv, is what i'd go for.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well he's about 2.2ft long and quite skinny. But healthy. So he's fine until he gets a bit bigger?

Don't want to stress him out by putting him into a massive tank early :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts