Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have a platy who ive left in my 28L tank as shes pregnant and the other fish have being moved to my newest set up in a 3ft tank, i cant put her in the breeding trap as i currently have fry in there, soon as she gives birth i will move her to the newest tank, save what fry i can, my problem is im wondering when will she drop as my brothers platy was pregnant about 2weeks after mine and she has already given birth, mine however she looks like shes going explode, has squared off but still nothing, ive put plants in little hides and floating plants as read online shes going to want places to hide and feel comfortable, she is staying at the back of the tank alot hiding in plants but im just not sure when she will give birth

·
Registered
59 Posts
hi, i have a platy who ive left in my 28L tank as shes pregnant and the other fish have being moved to my newest set up in a 3ft tank, i cant put her in the breeding trap as i currently have fry in there, soon as she gives birth i will move her to the newest tank, save what fry i can, my problem is im wondering when will she drop as my brothers platy was pregnant about 2weeks after mine and she has already given birth, mine however she looks like shes going explode, has squared off but still nothing, ive put plants in little hides and floating plants as read online shes going to want places to hide and feel comfortable, she is staying at the back of the tank alot hiding in plants but im just not sure when she will give birth
You say your platy is squared off and hiding a lot in the plants which is a good sign that she may have young very soon.(with in the next - 9 days only if shes properly squared off and not just over fed with food.)

make sure there is plenty of plants for the fry to hide in. platey”s quite often have the young early in the morning

check your tank for fry as often as possible .

good Luck with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.