Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Do TONS of research, and I hope you know they are one of the most deadly animals.

Bigappleherps has a Green and black poison dart frog and a Strawberry poison arrow frog. Be weary, the prices ain't cheap. And never, EVER handle one.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry

sorry but from my research i have found that in captivity the are not poisonus and i would not be handleing them as thart can dammage there skin some can be bought for as little as 15 pound Epipedobates anthonyi.

what experice have you had with them or reshearch

·
Registered
333 Posts
My Serpentine Mind, You must be kidding us! Please!

If your not joking then I would suggest you do a bit more research your self.

But to Chulainn, You do need to research a lot first or you will buy a really special animal and it will die.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
agreendream thank you :flrt: i will make sure to ask any questions and post pic of my set up soon

its just a basic set up hydro clea then hdro fleece orchid bark then dendrosoil 4 types of moss 1 lichen 2 bromlieads 3 snakeskin plants a climber for got the name

any sugestions anyone

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oops forgot also extra spring tails woodlice and fruitflies but obviosly the fruit flies are in there boxes made my starter culture in to 3 succseful cultures doubling in size everyday

thanks for you help much aperciated

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
My Serpentine Mind, You must be kidding us! Please!

If your not joking then I would suggest you do a bit more research your self.
I am :p

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
does that mean if i keep king cobra and kiss it it will be safe do more research as not to be taken lightly

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol anyways you learn from mistakes is there any benefit to the frogs being poisones exept from tasting yuck:lol2: i mean like behaviour ect

ps what does pmsl mean sorry for questions just curious

·
Registered
25,127 Posts
lol anyways you learn from mistakes is there any benefit to the frogs being poisones exept from tasting yuck:lol2: i mean like behaviour ect

ps what does pmsl mean sorry for questions just curious
In the wild you mean? It's a defense mechanism. The colours are a warning, this should deter potential predators and part of the reason dart frogs are awake during the day, they won't get eaten.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i know about there toxidity being a defence and there coulor accosation to there posion but is the any benefit to the animal well being in captivity

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i know but if compared to a wc would a cb have any diffrences eg die younger less off spring less likely to mate ect

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
i know but if compared to a wc would a cb have any diffrences eg die younger less off spring less likely to mate ect
A WC is more likely to have diseases. Less likely to be so bold aswell. Or so I would imagine.

I try to avoid buying WC stock... but to CB you gotta start with some WC frogzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 - 20 of 25 Posts