Reptile Forums banner

Where do you all buy your heat lamps?

584 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  wilkinss77 
#1 ·
I’ve been using bulbs I had bought in bulk ages ago for my snakes, for my baby beardie and they were doing the job fine but I’m down to my last one so need to get something soon for when this one goes.

Looking for something around 100W and a screw in.

All the ones on amazon have reviews about how the bulb burst hours after putting it on, or that it only lasted a few weeks etc which really puts me off. They are brand name ones too, I.e exo terra, Arcadia etc.

I can’t remember where I got the ones I already had and they’re just in unmarked boxes.

So was wondering what you would recommend for a reliable bulb and where you all buy them please?

Thanks.

#5 ·
Avoid Exoterra, had nothing but problems when i have bought them.

Arcadia, Komodo and prorep have all been goog for me, many people also just buy standard halogen bulbs (you should be fine with a 75/80w halogen bulb in a reflector in a 4ft long 2ft high/deep viv)
Not seen any for sale in years, only energy saving versions that don't produce enough heat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.