Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you all put the hide on the warmer end with the heat mat underneath or put the hide at the cooler end where theres no heat mat underneath?

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
i;d put two in then your lizard can choose.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
lol he's spoilt for choice

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
yes i agree with silvershark on that one.you should always have more then one hide in a viv.this way your lizzard does not choose warth or cool over saftey like it will do if you only have the one hide

·
Registered
13 Posts
hide

i would put it on the cooler side so that the reptile can cool down

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Definitely at least 2 identical hides (more if you have enough room). Lizards that like hiding (i.e. monitors, sorry I don't know which you've got) will always choose security over temperature.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
At least 2 hides as has been said already. Preferably a dry at either end, plus a moist hide for shedding.

Emma xXx

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
hides

i have two leo's and i keep a large hide on cool side,a moist hide on warm side with a small dry hide,a cave at the back of viv in the middle and a bridge across the centre of the viv which they seem to love lying under.....i think theyre spoilt for choice!!!!

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
...and bare in mind a hide doesnt have to be a cave,,...can just be a log which the lizard can go behind...or plant matter or anything, but yes lots of places to duck out of eyesight either partially or fully in or around is good... leaving about a 3rd of the viv floor empty and clear....GUIDE ONLY lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts