Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would just like to say that I’m really disappointed in a select few in this forum. I am here to learn just like many others yet you have people bashing and ganging up against others just because they think they know what they are talking about, I would say if you have views on something and you really disagree then say it in a manor which everyone will listen not in one that just the people who will just agree with your point of view. Who will trust someone who knows nothing on a subject over someone who has facts and can prove those facts?

But again and again I see people on this forum blaring and saying “oh that’s impossible!”, “Oh that’s stupid” and various other closed minded words. Yet they don’t know nothing of the subject on what they are talking about, it’s like me trying to tell someone who has built buildings for 20 years to do it my way because I! think it’s right.

I always thought that in the reptile world there were more open minded people and more people who are willing to learn, yet again and again I am being proved wrong by this forum. I know and realize that the majority of people who actually know what they are talking about would not come on a forum and put there views and try and teach as they would rather do it in real life, which is why I will not be coming on here much longer because of this, if I want to learn then clearly I am at a stump when it comes to certain things in this forum just because there will always be someone right there who is going to say “that’s just stupid” Why should anyone waste there time on here trying to enlighten and teach and SHOW that things aren’t just how you perceive them when that person will just get bashed down and told to get out of this forum?

I myself have made a topic of my views and FACTS yet nearly all of the FACTS that I made were bashed down on this forum, yet no one said but why? But how? Oh really? NOT ONE, so again I ask what is the point in this forum? To lose the hours in the day because you have nothing else to do? Or to LEARN?

If it’s to learn then I’m disappointed in the response that I got when I posted facts.

Also I am disappointed when saw someone trying to tell people about this amazing thing she/he had been doing and just get dragged down, THEN get shoved out of the forum have a bunch of people bash this person in off topic. Weather you disagree with that person or not it is barbaric and retarded to go and make people against this person just because you feel you cant handle something said when you did not even read it. Are the people who do these things really going to be trusted in what they say in the future? Yet they are then ones who own the try and put there words all over the forum and dominate in and bash anyone who brings something new to it. Are they going to be respected? Why sort to these childish things!?!

I wish people were more opened minded! We live in a society where people accept naked women f**king guys on TV where your 5 year old kids can watch while daddies asleep, yet you can’t accept someone’s Facts, studies and help to the herp world?

How small of the people who can’t open there minds wider then there ass holes.

Don’t bother reply as it will be pointless on your part as I will not listen to people who will once again try to drag me down for putting my views like they seem to love doing to everyone else.

Do not debate something you don’t want to learn or listen too.

Anyway as I said, I wont be coming on this forum much anymore it’s disappointed me so much. I’m sure I can find better things on other sites, as well of out of herp books made by people who know facts and where I can learn without trying to sift the crap out of my sand.

If anyone wants to have group chats about reptile or even amphibian (as I’m open to all things) related subjects that don’t involve people bashing each other then contact me by pm and we can make some kind on yahoo/MSN chat.

I would be very interested also maybe one day in making a society for reptiles where people can meet up. I will not let mindless people run the herp world.

What I said is not to damage anyone’s “reputation” or this site. However you perceive it

Matt

·
Registered
318 Posts
I would just like to say i agree with your post flake, even though i havent been slated, i have seen post where people have been and i find this very disturbing and off putting as i am only a beginner and feel if i ask the wrong question i will be mocked. :(

I think that your idea of a seperate msn or yahoo group is a fab idea as this means NO ONE will be put down for asking a question.

I will PM you about the group :D

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I don't wanna sound like I'm jumping on a band wagon here, but I do agree with all you have said.

I have only been using hte site for a month and I can relate to everything you said.

There are however a shed load of very very helpful people (you know who you are) who have given me bucket loads of guidance for which I am grateful.

But what you say goes on does go on, and is down to a few members who, like you say, just put peoples ideas down with no justification at all. Just becasue they "know".

This is the internet and, no matter what kind of forum, there will always be these people who hide behind their little name and avatar writing out crap because they never have to meet anybody. This lets people say what they want and make themselves feel like they know more than they do or ever will with such narrow minds.

But Flake, it's not worth abandoning the forum just because of a few pratts who have taken a liking to standing on their soap boxes.
Just leave em to it or post a link to this thread everytime you find one. lol

If you do set up another internet group then let me know. I need as much knowledge as I can on snakes. I enjoy learning about anything and learning can only make things easier in the future.

Regards

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
if your here to learn then why do you persist in stirring up arguments in which you dont put forward any facts,merely your opinion,then when others come forward with their opinions you just go off on one cos we dont all agree with you?
i have 28 years of working with boas under my belt and when some one comes out with rubbish dont expect me not to say anything,i challenged you in your last diatribe with a few bits of interesting info but did you attemp to learn? nope just threw your toys out of the pram again.
i have always helped any one who has asked me and will continue to do so,but i wont be slagged off and be quiet,as a commercial breeder i do get slagged off from time to time and will defend my position,even though the critiscism is unwarranted.
regards gaz
PS: my name and address can be found in the classified i dont do "hiding" why not come visit and see for your selves.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Well I don't know all the facts and have said my little bit.

Anyway these forums wouldn't be right without the odd argument here and there. The beauty is other users can watch tehm and decide for themselves.

Even experts are wrong sometimes so its gonna happen. Sometimes there is no right and wrong way so just learn from each other and your mistakes.

Don't wanna sound like a referee here of something. lol.

Would just be a shame to lose any members and their input.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
It's not just a problem on this forum - it's across the board really. I've seen far worse slanging matches on other forums than I've seen on here.

The trouble with the internet is not only, as Carl said, that people can remain anonymous, but that innocent comments can be taken the wrong way/misread leading to heated arguments, which wouldn't have happened in the real world where the people concerned would've been talking face to face and had the advantage of hearing tone of voice, seeing body language, etc.

I think if we all made an effort to be a bit more polite and remember that we're all talking to other, real people on here (something it can be easy to forget after an hour or two in front of a screen) then half the battle would be won. The same rules/values that govern our behaviour in the real world should apply on the internet too.

Flake1 - I don't know much about the recent problems but leaving here and going elsewhere won't improve the situation here and it won't necessarily be any better on another forum - if you've believe you've got something to offer then stick around and try to pass it on, don't feel forced out!

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Don’t bother reply as it will be pointless on your part as I will not listen to people who will once again try to drag me down for putting my views like they seem to love doing to everyone else.
Why on earth post something you dont want people to reply to :roll:

There have been problems on this forum (as with many others at the minute..) and a few of the older members inparticular have become disillusioned with it.
However threads like this do nothing to improve the situation and only serve to stir up bad feeling and provoke yet more arguements.

G

·
basically if people dont agree with flake...he gets snaotty nosed about it!
sorry....forums will always cause arguments,and diffrences of opinions....you just have to learn when to ignore and when to stiop stirrin and shut up!

anyway if u insist on going.....byyyyyyyyyeeeeeee smell ya later

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Surely by people replying this is only making it worse?

If this was ignored it would have been half way down the page by now and forgotten.

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
pixie_bex said:
Surely by people replying this is only making it worse?

If this was ignored it would have been half way down the page by now and forgotten.
yep your right.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
But theres not anything wrong with the post... is there?
maybe its wrong to post it umpteen times but the post itself is fine..and as you can see some ppl agree..which should be enough to validate it.. so why be dicks about it and act like hes the problem?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts