Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests I am interested in where people keep their snakes. Mine currently are in the living room, dining room and hall way. I have run out of room and want to move my boas up into my bedroom when fully grown.

So where do you keep your snakes?
And would larger bodied snakes such as boas make a lot of noise in a bedroom?

All advice greatly recieved. No doubt this has been asked before but I cannot seem to find them.

·
Registered
967 Posts
i keep everything in my bedroom. the most noise i hear is from crickets. which i swiftly kill :2thumb:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
We keep ours in the front room, our bed room and in the utility room we need a bigger house lol,

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Front room back room and spare room:2thumb:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
My torts and beardie are in the living room, and the rest are in the rep room/cocktail bar :)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I keep mine in my bedroom, the boa makes no noise, it's not as retarded as my royal! the royal is always climbing and falling at night but it's not enough noise to keep you up. I've considered moving them into the living room but it's so much quiter in my bedroom.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I keep everything in the living room, tried keeping the bearded dragons in the bedroom but they decided for some reason to act nocturnally and kept me up! :devil:

Back in the living room and as soon as the lights are out, they sleep...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Living room though when we move they're going in the study. I prefer them in the living room because you never have a day you forget about them so they get spot cleaned more and generally checked even if its a fleeting glance. I'd recommend against having them in your bedroom if you can help it because -some- snakes -can- be very noisy and if they fudge their huggies in the night your stuck with the smell, if memory serves its bulls poop that smells really really bad.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
ours are in our longe/diner. well i call it that but we would never fit a table in now as the vivs have taken the room up!! also some are hatchlings which are in RUBs. we make our own vivs to use the space available (currently building a corner one for the carpet pythons)

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
My home office & my OH's teaching/office space, also at home. We ditched having an official living room years ago to accommodate our self-employed lifestyle but our kitchen has a sofa in it so that's kind of like the living room. We had to check all my hubby's pupils weren't scared of snakes before my big CCP went in there. So far no-one has freaked out, in fact it probably makes his teaching set up look very cool!

Currently eyeing up every bit of available wall space, nooks and crannies in the rest of the house to see how I can fit more vivs in!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I keep my Leopard gecko's, YBS and some Discus in the dining room, more Discus in my Fish Room and the snakes are in my office at work:whistling2:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts