Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Anyone know where I might find several heat strips size 23 X 6 inches?

I've looked at several places online but everywhere appears to be out of stock and I don't know when they will be in stock 馃槪

Registered
Hi

Anyone know where I might find several heat strips size 23 X 6 inches?

I've looked at several places online but everywhere appears to be out of stock and I don't know when they will be in stock 馃槪
Never used them, but a quick google for 23 x 6 heat strip found this on the second listing here - claims to be ultratherm mats, and in stock

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never used them, but a quick google for 23 x 6 heat strip found this on the second listing here - claims to be ultratherm mats, and in stock
Thanks, but they aren't actually available once you try adding them to the basket 馃檨

I didn't think it would be this hard to find heat mats 馃槥

Registered
Getting hold of lots of things at the moment is almost impossible due to shipping and supply chain issues. heat mats are one of the things affected, they aren't in stock anywhere as the wholesalers can't get them. they are trying their best to and when they can there will be back available basically everywhere

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I thought as much, but I still wanted to ask.

Think I'm going to have to buy the smaller size and just lots of them 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes it is for a baby rack that we have built. We have an oil radiator for the room as a last resort but I really wanted they extra little bit of belly heat.

I'm also looking into options to heat the room as oil radiator is not very cost efficient

Registered
If you can't get any heat mats then heat cable would work, needs to be routed into the shelf though and then best to cover with some kind of heat conductive tape

Registered
I use a standard 12" x 12" heat mat in my hatchling rack. Placed in the middle, with two tubs per shelf, so that 1/3 of the tub sits on the mat. Thus the left tub has the warm side at the right, whilst the right tub ha sits warm side at the left. Maybe this may help if mats are more readily available than strips

Registered
Thanks, but they aren't actually available once you try adding them to the basket 馃檨

I didn't think it would be this hard to find heat mats 馃槥
I hate websites like that... why show as "in stock" only to be told out of stock at checkout.... buggers

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I use a standard 12" x 12" heat mat in my hatchling rack. Placed in the middle, with two tubs per shelf, so that 1/3 of the tub sits on the mat. Thus the left tub has the warm side at the right, whilst the right tub ha sits warm side at the left. Maybe this may help if mats are more readily available than strips
I was actually thinking about doing that, I was just about to measure

Registered
I've pushed the tubs back a little, but hopefully this helps

My only pairing this season is just about to go into a pre-lay shed, so I'm a couple of months away from powering this rack up just in case you were wondering why the tubs are empty

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We have our eggs in the incubator which is why I'm trying to get the heat mats, I've been looking for a few weeks.

What sort of watt should I be looking at if the mats are approx 11 X 11 inches

Registered
We have our eggs in the incubator which is why I'm trying to get the heat mats, I've been looking for a few weeks.

What sort of watt should I be looking at if the mats are approx 11 X 11 inches
I got mine from Swell here 28cm x 28cm are 14 watt - they are decent mats and are self adhesive backed - Swell currently showing 10+ in stock and I can add them to a basket so you should be OK

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, they are the exact ones I was looking at but I thought 14 watt might be too low.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Now I need to look at an efficient way to heat the room 馃

1 - 17 of 17 Posts