Reptile Forums banner

Which beardie is best ?

Tags
beardie
278 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  xxx-dztini-xxx 
#1 ·
Which Beardie is best male or female as a pet ? or for handling ?

#3 ·
Males grow bigger but females can get a bit grumpyer when very old, its the same in any animal ;)

#4 ·
I agree males are better as pets, however dont agree that they can be more aggressive atall, both males and females can be aggressive if needed however this is rare when they have been handled from young.
My first beardie was a male and wasnt even handled that much so came to me abit skittish, never aggressive though, in due time with plenty of handling hes now a little sweetheart.
I also have females now and the eggs are sooooo annoying! I have one female who is on her 4th clutch bless her, she gets so restless and stressed out.
I also disagree that males grow bigger, both my females are bigger than my male! it depends on how big the parents were!
Therefore I would suggest a male as a better pet :2thumb:

#6 ·
as females they can lay eggs as and when they please, some do some dont, so yours may be female yes, its good to have a lay box in for her just incase though.
They can also retain sperm so if they have been with a male they can lay more than one clutch from that male

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.