Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Ive finally decided to get a boa but ain't got a clue which one to get.

now before anyone Say's "you know they get big" yes i do know but i also know there are some smaller sub species that only get to around 6-8ft.

my question is which would be the best to get as I'm new to the whole keeping boa's.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggeeeee :Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
crawl cay, hog island, bci, bcc er rainbow boa?

crawl cay n hog island are smaller and so is the rainbow but harder to keep. I'd research them all then see which one best fits the properties you need.

·
Registered
39,214 Posts
I'd def say a rainbow boa! They are gorgeous, get to 6/7' max. Have a look at my new baby:

They just need a higher humidity.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
If you're looking at getting any boa, maybe consider Rosy boas or Sand boas, most max out at around 3 foot and are easy to keep.
Not nearly as attractive as other boas IMO though...
Ben

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
althouhgi d never kept them id say rainbow as imo their the best looking and ive heard there not to hard to keep either

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
you should read up on all the available species to help you decide. you are going to have to read about them anyway to be able to care for it. it's really a matter of personal taste and of course abilities. do some window shopping. kingsnake.com - the information portal for reptile and amphibian hobbyists. classifieds have tons of pics that can give you an idea of what's available. i personally think brb's make great first snakes and are easy on the eyes. most snakes are about the same to care for just different. find one that fits your life style. also...and this is a biggy to me..a lot of people get snakes and are really down inside,...afraid of them then they have issues. with most boas, you can't go wrong, whatever you choose. more people should keep roseys IMO. like i said, lokk at them all first and narrow the selection. that's best IMO.

·
Registered
13,987 Posts
wot boa

we had a common female at THE ARK pet shop in harrow that was 11ft! and i have a el salvador female 2yrs old thats 2ft 6 in!!!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
So many to choose from, I'd usually say BRB, but I'm really loving the look of the Kubsch pastel boas at the moment, I've heard these are "dwarf", anyone in the know, have any idea if this is true? And completely off track, how's your baby IJ doing Jonny?

·
Registered
567 Posts
It really is a matter of personal choice, definatly have a look at pics on the net or in the pic gallery hear and then read up on the ones you like
P.S. you will not be disapointed :2thumb:

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
seems like i repeated the other's post wit rosey's and brb's.....didn't read the thread.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cheers for the replys guy.
i aint sure which to go for but have seen a couple i like,

and bernie the IJ is comin along mint just tryin to get her to take rats at the mo but other than that she's doing great.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
cheers for the replys guy.
i aint sure which to go for but have seen a couple i like,

and bernie the IJ is comin along mint just tryin to get her to take rats at the mo but other than that she's doing great.

Good news then! Picky little sods aren't they? Our pair refused their first rat feed, but we just let them go an extra few days, til they were proper hungry, went down a treat after that!

·
Registered
683 Posts
i have a BRB and shes a wonderful snake but when i buy another Boa i will get a BCC, nothing against BCIs at all, their lovely snakes too, i just think true redtails are gorgeous.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts