Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can you tell me out of a female carpet Python and Royal / Ball Python, which one is on average heavier when fully grown???

thanks

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
depends what type of carpet, a jungle carpet will be shorter than a coastal carpet, but a royal will be much bigger in girth.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
was thinking a female jungle carpet.

How long do the jungle carpets get????

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
I think about 5-7 feet, they are not as fat as a royal, but royals are shorter so the weight could be about the same.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I know its slightly different but my coastal CP's, weighed a hell of a lot more than my adult royals!

And yea...why does weight matter?? :lol:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why does weight matter???

Thats kind of like asking why does size matter.

I just want to get an idea of how big each one really is in comparison. No real reson apart from that.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Well size matters because it needs to be able to live in the tank happily without being cramped. Im not too sure why weight would matter when picking something. I cant judge size by weight, as they are 2 completely different measurements.

I dont think its a fair comparison either between a royal and a carpet python. But if it helps you then ok lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
carl24bpool said:
Why does weight matter???

Thats kind of like asking why does size matter.

I just want to get an idea of how big each one really is in comparison. No real reson apart from that.
Posted a comparison picture in your I still cant decide topic :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts