Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, well as you know I may be rehoming a yemen chameleon.

What sort of vivarium would ppl recommend obviously taking into account the fact it needs to be well ventilated, as well as hold humidity well and be quite tall??

cheers in advance
Nat xx

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Well I hope the info I told you helps... in some way at least.. and good luck with the little un :D

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
hahaha sorry still have asleep lol
what type viv? in what way it would have to be aborial with lots of vents i dont think a flexi viv would be much cop as it wont hold humidity hehehe
that sort of thing?
manda xx

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea lol.
well just been speaking to someone who owns yemens on another forum and she said that they are the best.
Also said she lost 2 that werent kept in flexi vivs as altho humidity and heat is important, lots of air flow is the biggest MUST :)

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Again I havent kept chams myself, but I would use a flexarium if I did. I think your friend is right in saying airflow is SO important for these guys. Heating is awkward with having no solid walls, but a high powered spot in a reflector suspended over the top is the way I'd go.

·
Registered
336 Posts
sorry i have to go off topic a second here, but does manda's sig weird anyone else out? i see a pink thing out the corner of my eye and EVERY time i think oh my god! is that a !!!!!
Avatar is super sweet though ;) :oops:

as long as its cleaned regulary the flexi-mesh vivs are great and perfect for air circulation and blah blah. Best of all they are dirt cheap :D if not there is a nice cham' viv been going around on ebay, ill find it a bit later.

Sorry for the ramble ;)

Rob

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Apoca6 said:
sorry i have to go off topic a second here, but does manda's sig weird anyone else out? i see a pink thing out the corner of my eye and EVERY time i think oh my god! is that a !!!!!
PMSL!!!! I've occasionally thought the same when scrolling down pages!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Apoca6 said:

as long as its cleaned regulary the flexi-mesh vivs are great and perfect for air circulation and blah blah. Best of all they are dirt cheap :D if not there is a nice cham' viv been going around on ebay, ill find it a bit later.

Sorry for the ramble ;)

Rob
lmfao me and maxine was talking about it the other day its worse if u scroll down to fast will b changing it soon hehe
sry nat hogging ya thred
manda xx

G

·
For chameleons i would always advise to use a flexarium as they allow a good airflow the only slight problem is as stated with such an open area they do tend to take a lot of work to keep temps and humidity right

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi Nat. I don't know much about chameleons but what I know about heat & ventilation is this: if you get a flexarium and put it in a corner so that the viv walls stand clear of the house walls, this will help the viv to retain heat without reducing the ventilation overly much. You can experiment with how near to the wall you want the viv to be to get the right balance. Putting it in a corner will also reduce draughts.
If you get a flexarium & it is too cool, you can add polystyrene backgrounds to one wall to retain heat, too, so long as they are not in DIRECT contact with a heat source. :D
Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts